Preservation Before/After Slide Show

Since 1992, the Hudson Opera House has undertaken 13 capital projects to restore and adapt the building to modern needs. The rehabilitation of the second floor performance hall into a flexible 300-seat theater will complete our preservation efforts.

1855

HOH opens as Hudson’s City Hall. Exterior images of the original building.

1888

Proscenium stage added to the second floor performance hall.

1992

Local citizens band together to save the building. Exterior images of the building, which had been abandoned for 30 years.

1997

The West Room, the first restored room reopens on the ground floor.

2001

The first floor Workshop Room opens.

2001

The first floor Center Hall Gallery opens.

2002

Lower Façade Restoration

2002

Restoration of East and West Stairs

2003

East Room Offices

2003

Center Door Restoration

2008

New Roof

2008

Cornice Restoration

2011

West End Stairs

2016

Photos to come

Top